Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Running...What I Love to DO:)

Now that summer is here, I have a lot of time to just go out on the trails and run.  I love it so much, because I can just do it without focusing my thoughts.  I grab my mp3 and just go.  For the most part, it's a great stress-reliever and ultimate high.  I feel great for the remainder of the day.  If I don't run, I am sooo crabby.  Go figure.
Anywhooo, I have been averaging between 6-8 miles a day.  That sure beats the measly 4-5 during the school year.  Which is not done on a regular basis anyway. 
However, the one thing that I really haven't gotten into is racing.  When I run, I truly do it to relax.  I rarely time myself or push myself to beat a certain time.  Some may find that odd, but that's just me. 
I do find that I ponder and think about a lot when I run though.  I often talk to the Lord as I run through the beautiful trails.  I see deer, all kinds of birds, beavers, turtles, fish, and even badgers.  I think I got the closest to a deer the other day.  It was right on the side of the trail as I ran past it.  My husband said that it probably had a fawn nearby.
There even are times when I am overcome with emotions.  I am so thankful for all my blessings and nature is so grand and overwhelming.  Music also tends to play a hand in that.
Every second of every day is magical...especially when running.

No comments:

Post a Comment