Sunday, June 27, 2010

Rest and Relaxation

Yes, summer is a time for rest and relaxation, but we seem to be VERY busy. It is almost like a "catch up" time for us. We are building a HUGE deck around our pool, getting ready for our trip to Cally, followed by a graduate class I'm taking, two graduate classes I'm teaching, and not to mention a graduation party. Wheww! It should be a lot of fun. A super adventure. I don't want it to go by too fast though. I want to take in every single second. I also look forward to reading some more books on my Kindle. I finished one excellent book by Karen Kingsbury, and already have a few more downloaded. I am also bound and determined to stipple and finish the Log Cabin Quilt. These are all intertwined with a daily run. My runs are sooo peaceful. The path I take always has deer wandering around. Today I saw a doe and a fawn crossing the trail. I love it!!
Tomorrow will be a planning day for the classes I'm teaching. I am also looking forward to going to Eclipse with some friends soon.
I hope all the students are continuing to read this summer! We worked so hard on our reading this year. I even gave each student two books to keep. This, along with a visit to the public library, will hopefully keep the kids stocked with rich reading material for the summer. Raz-Kids was offered...but none of the students have attempted to log in this summer...This is very unfortunate. READ ON!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment