Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring Break!

Yay!  I think both my students and I are both in need of a much needed break.  On Monday, they were already thinking about their vacation.  Friday was a teacher in-service day, so Thursday was their last day of school.  Where did the year go?
I always think I won't get as attached to the students as I do the previous year students, but those feelings always seem to surface around now.
These kids are so precious, and I feel VERY privileged to be entrusted to teach them!!!  What an important responsibility!!!!!!
It is also the time of the year where I feel exhausted and have given all I can give, without a whole lot of acknowledgement for my effort.    Yes, I believe a week with my family will put things back into perspective...There is much more to teaching that meets they eye.  I can't believe all the time and real hard effort it takes!  It is an all encompassing career....not a 9-5 job, but a 24/7 career. 
Papers need to be written for my three credit class, a technology grant needs to be worked on, and report cards will be handed out shortly after our break. WOW is all I can say.
I remember telling a colleague that was tied up in some of the political agenda that went on early in my teaching career, and telling her that all I have to do is go in my classroom and all of those worries disappear.  It seems to be getting much too complex to do that anymore...
Well for now, I will sign off and spend some quality time with my wonderful and supportive family...Thank goodness my husband is a principal and once a teacher. :)  He understands.

No comments:

Post a Comment