Monday, March 15, 2010

Can you believe it??...The Fluffy Series!!!

I am so excited!  I have a struggling reader who has latched on to the Fluffy series.  He is reading all the time.  He also has quite a few of these books in his book box, and he won't let go of them.  Because of his excitement, other kids are also wanting to read the Fluffy books.  It's an early reader series...Fluffy is a hamster in all the books.  Hurray!  I love it when students get so excited about reading.  I actually requested the books from other public libraries because many were not available locally.  Yes, the books are checked out in my name, but it is certainly worth the risk. 
Not to mention, that I just had a student return two public library books and one of my own books with smushed banana all over the bottom of the front covers.  He forgot about the banana in the bottom of his backpack.  Ooops.  That certainly will not stop me from trying to provide exciting reading material for the kids to read.  Second grade is such a pivital age in which a huge impression in reading can be made. 
Tomorrow, Kim Groshek, an aspiring author, will visit two classes.  She has creatively written and illustrated her Bug's Adventure series.  She will be speaking about how she started to write and illustrate books, along with how she was able to publish them.
READING ROCKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment