Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday, Monday...

It really feels awesome to get back into the swing of things as a teacher.  My student teacher's last day was about a week ago.  I love interacting and learning alongside the students.  They are so inquisitive and exciting.  I love a fellow blogger's blog title:  Learning is Messy.  That just really says it all.  Teaching is not an exact science at all.  It takes a lot of tweaking each and every day.  I love to watch the students' eyes light up when they learn something new...especially when they get exciting about reading.  I truly believe that READING IS THE KEY!  Many, many read-alouds are required to peak the kids' interests. 

Time to become voracious readers is the other component, along with exposure and access to all sorts of books.

Unfortunately, much time is needed for reading in the classroom, for it isn't always done at home.  We assume that is the case, but many times it isn't.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment