Saturday, September 7, 2013

Our First Week

Our first week of school went well!  I must say that the students and I are very excited to start second grade. :) They come up with the cutest sayings!
We are starting a new writing program that I am eager to dig into. It's called The Units of Study by Lucy Calkins.  For this weekend, the students were given an assignment to take their composition notebook home and create a personalized writer's notebook.  They will personalize it by decorating the cover with pictures or items that reflect who they are as a person. We looked at many examples online, and I can't wait to share their creativity with you next week. The notebook will be used as a place to capture all of their thoughts.  If they'd like to, they can take it with them wherever they go.  I will be decorating mine this weekend too.  I hope to capture a lot of the students' sweet sayings.
What inspires you to write? Please make a comment below.
Our Silly Picture


No comments:

Post a Comment